To: All DRV Residents and Owners 5 April 2020
Corona Virus – DRV Procedures: Notice No 5
THIS NOTICE 5 MUST BE READ TOGETHER WITH THE PREVIOUS FOUR NOTICES in that it serves to intensify and reinforce certain measures already put in place.
Recent information that has come to our attention has highlighted some worrying aspects of the COVID-19 virus:
- It remains stable on plastic and steel surfaces and can be detected up to 72 hours later;
- Almost 13% of people in Singapore who developed COVID-19 were infected by someone who did not show any symptoms;
- It can take anything between 2 and 14 days for the symptoms to manifest after exposure.
- Doctors are calling for everyone to wear masks when outside of one’s unit, to reduce the chances of spreading or contracting the disease.
Accordingly, residents are now DIRECTED TO TAKE IMMEDIATE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING ADDITIONAL STRICT MEASURES and ADHERE FULLY WITH ALL PROCEDURES contained in this Notice 5 with effect from the date of this notice.
1. SOCIAL GATHERINGS
- SOCIAL GATHERINGS in common property areas are prohibited. This includes all chairs inside the Lifestyle Centre;
- Residents may not sit on any of the benches. All plastic and steel benches will be turned over on Monday;
- The leather settees and four other chairs will be available for use by residents solely to access WiFi.
2. LEAVING THE VILLAGE
- The significant number of residents still leaving the village on a daily basis are increasing the risk of exposure for all of us to the virus;
- Therefore, with effect from noon on Wednesday 8 March 2020, we will be blocking off the tag sensors at the gates to prevent residents from leaving the village;
- Any resident who thereafter wants to leave the village will have to make a request in person to Jackie. Should Jackie approve the request, she will notify security at Galloway Gate. The resident will then have his/her driver’s licence scanned before leaving and re-entering the village.
3. WALKING IN THE COMMON PROPERTY AREAS:
Residents are allowed to walk in the common property areas, subject to:
- Social distancing (2m apart) is maintained at all times, except between couples;
- Adjust your walking distance so that you do not need to use a bench;
- We encourage you to wear a mask (homemade will suffice) while walking around the village. If you do not have a mask, wear a scarf around your mouth and nose;
- Avoid touching the hand rails;
- It is recommended that you remove and sanitise your shoes before entering your unit.
- If you feel at risk at any stage, stay at home;
4. SANITISING EVERYTHING YOU TOUCH
- Your health and safety is your own responsibility;
- Remember to sanitise everything, before you touch it as well as after you have touched it. This will apply to things such as lift buttons, the Plankomat machine, the handles of wheelie bins, hand rails in stair wells, etc.
RESIDENTS ARE CAUTIONED TO TAKE EXTRA SPECIAL CARE OF THEMSELVES, their surroundings and interactions with fellow residents.
PLEASE BE ESPECIALLY ALERT DURING THE LOCKDOWN TO THE POSSIBLE NEEDS OF YOUR NEIGHBOURS AND WHERE YOU CANNOT PROVIDE HELP OR SUPPORT, ALERT JACKIE OR MATRON TO THE SITUATION.
Thank you for your continued co-operation in these testing times!
STAY SAFE BY REMEMBERING THE FOUR S’s:
Andy McDonald, Chairperson